By: Sue Jensen, Day of Service coordinator
Are you willing and eager to answer the call to serve? TVLC’s 2019 Days of Service are October 20 and 21, and all members and friends of TVLC are invited to join in serving our larger community through various projects. There’s something for everyone — the young and not-so-young, the active and the less active, with activities located both on-campus and off-campus. While we work as God’s hands in Tucson, we will be visible expressions of God’s abundant love and constant presence in the lives of all God’s children.
What would you like to do?
- Bake chocolate chip cookies for distribution to our homebound members and to first responders in our community.
- Deliver cookies to various locations in our community. Delivery folks are needed on Sunday, after the 9:15am service and on Monday morning.
- Assemble hygiene kits for clients of Lutheran Social Services of the Southwest (10:30am, Chapel).
- Make bag lunches for day workers living at the Primavera Shelter (11:30am, NFLC Café).
- Serve lunch and/or dinner at Tucson’s new Center of Opportunity, 4550 S Palo Verde Rd (11:00am-1:15pm/4:15pm-6:15pm).
- Pack snack baskets for families at Peppi’s House, the TMC Hospice (3pm, Choir Room).
YOUR hands are needed, so please sign up for a project(s) that speaks to you and your family. You will be welcome to participate in a project even if you don’t sign up ahead of time. Please sign up at church following services or call the church office. Contact Sue Jensen for more information.
If you are unable to participate in a project, please consider donating either supplies or money toward our hygiene kits.
Needed LSS-SW Hygiene Kit items
- Package of 4 toothbrushes
- Shampoo/conditioner (combo)
- Package of 5/6 razors
- 2-pack deodorant
- New washcloth
- Large toothpaste
- Can of shaving cream
- 3 wrapped bars of soap
- Kleenex pocket pack